Heat up those cold winter days with a delicious New Mexico favorite!
Here is a simple and tasty recipe that makes use of our All Natural Lamb Stew Meat, which coincidentally happens be on special now! Order 10 lbs of stew meat, regularly $100, for only $75. This stew meat is great in this recipe as well as other stews and makes excellent kabobs for the grill once spring returns! Enjoy!
New Mexico Lamb Posole Stew
- 2 pounds boneless Ranchline All Natural Lamb shoulder meat, fat trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes (our Lamb Stew Meat is perfect!)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) salsa
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) hominy, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- In plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add lamb cubes in batches and > shake to coat.
- In 6-quart pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add lamb in batches and brown. Add more oil as needed. Place browned lamb in bowl.
- Return lamb to pan and add broth and salsa. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in hominy. Cover and simmer for 15 additional minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- Serve with warm tortillas or cornbread.