We’re always on the lookout to bring you new ways to try our delicious all natural lamb. While searching for new recipes; we found this one from Whole Foods Market that utilizes our Ground Lamb or even our Lamb Stew Meat. Hope you enjoy!
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 1 pound All Natural Ground lamb
- 8 ounces Greek style yogurt, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons Mediterranean seasoning
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pita or lavash flat bread
Soak bamboo skewers in water at least 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, put lamb, 1/2 cup of the yogurt, cilantro, onions, mint, and seasoning into a medium bowl. Combine gently but thoroughly, then divide into 8 balls. Shape each ball into a long sausage shape and slide skewers through the center, lengthwise. Flatten slightly and refrigerate for up to several hours until ready to grill.
Prepare grill. Brush lamb with oil and cook over hot coals about 10 minutes, turning to brown all sides. While skewers are grilling, mix together the remaining yogurt, tahini, lemon juice and garlic. Thin with water to make a smooth slightly thick sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Serve skewers with grilled pita or flat bread, drizzled with sauce