Recipes & News Blog
Archive for the ‘Shish Kabobs’ Category
It’s the Facts of Lamb!
The American Lamb Board has a page where you can see everything you’ve ever wanted to know about lamb. Cooking times, temperatures, storage and thawing; as well as several facts about the american lamb industry. All you’ve ever wanted to know and even some fun facts thrown in as well.
Island Lamb Teriyaki Sticks
Receipe Courtesy of The American Lamb Board
Servings: 8 servings
2 pounds boneless American Lamb leg or shoulder, cut into strips,
1-inch wide, 1/2-inch thick
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup white vinegar
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
24 water chestnuts
24 pineapple chunks
24 cherry tomatoes
12-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
By the American Lamb Board
Brighten Up BBQ with Marinades:
Soy Balsamic: Combine 1/2 cup each of olive oil, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar with 1 TBSP lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste.
Mint Yogurt: Combine 1/2 cup Greek style yogurt, 1/3 cup olive oil, 2 TBSP fresh chopped mint, 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice and 2 garlic cloves, minced.
Rosemary Garlic and Mustard: Combine 1/2 cup Dijon mustard, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup dry white wine, 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice, 2 TBSP fresh chopped rosemary, and 4 garlic cloves, minced.
Classic Marinade: 1 tsp fresh chopped parsley, 1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 2 TBSP red wine vinegar, 2 TBSP olive oil, 1 TBSP coarse ground Dijon mustard
Great for Grilling Rubs:
Mole Lamb Rub: 1 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro, 1 TBSP minced garlic, 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder, 1/8 tsp kosher salt, 1/8 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp olive oil
Smokey Spanish Lamb Rub: 1 TBSP chopped fresh parsley, 1 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro, 1 TBSP minced garlic, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp ground coriander, 1/4 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 tsp ground cumin, 2 tsp olive oil
*Visit the American Lamb board website for more information and helpful tools on how to prepare the perfectly grilled lamb cut.Â Click here for the American Lamb Board website.
- Our lamb products are 100% All Natural: All Ranchline All Natural lamb products are 100% all natural, meaning they receive absolutely no growth hormones or stimulants. Plus, they are all grass fed. As a result, our lamb meat has a taste that is second to none, with a tenderness that is unmatched by any other meat product.
- Great fit for a healthy lifestyle: Who said that you need to stop eating red meat in order to live healthily? When you include All Natural Lamb in your diet, you are including a naturally lean, high in essential vitamins, meat alternative to the more traditional. Because our animals are 100% all natural and grass-fed, they receive absolutely no growth hormones or stimulants â€“ they are a great source of iron, zinc and vitamin B-12. Also, most lamb cuts are naturally low in fat and cholesterol. Plus, a recent study showed that 64% of the fat in lamb is monosaturated or polyunsaturated, the â€œgoodâ€ fat in our diets (source: American Lamb Board).
- Great alternative to the conventional: All Natural Lamb cuts can be used in almost any recipe that calls for beef, so the next time you reach for a beef cut, re-think it, and go for a lamb cut instead â€“ you will be happy you did.
- Do business with a local business with local values: Just living in the western part of the United States generates a value system like no other place around the world. Ranchline All Natural is a local, New Mexico company, based out of Roswell, New Mexico. We value the vast lands dominating the west, and the animals that are raised on them. We are simple people with a simple goal of providing each customer a product that was raised with love and care from the very beginning to the time it arrives on your dinner table.
- One of the most versatile recipe ingredients around: Lamb meat isnâ€™t only for a special occasion or the master chef â€“ with the thousands of recipes calling for lamb available, preparing lamb can be an excellent choice for anyone.
- Great for any occasion: Whether you are planning a big family holiday get together or a dinner at home, Ranchline All Natural lamb is the perfect choice. Lamb can spice up your everyday meals by offering delicious flavor and variety to your menus, plus cooking lamb is easy. Itâ€™s perfect for convenient, everyday cooking.
- Lamb sent right to your doorstep: With different, convenient, ordering methods through Ranchline All Natural, you never have to wait too long for your favorite cut of lamb â€“ it is always delivered fresh and right to your doorstep â€“ no need to make a grocery run.
- Freshness guaranteed: When you place an order with Ranchline All Natural, you get the satisfaction of knowing that every cut you order will arrive fresh. Ranchline All Natural has a satisfaction guarantee, because we know that our lamb products are of the finest quality, and will not leave you disappointed.
- Value: The value of lamb is non-comparable! For all the added value all natural lamb cuts offer over other red meat selections, the price doesnâ€™t compare. Ranchline All Natural lamb yields higher meat output because it is naturally lean â€“ meaning more meat, and less fat â€“ getting the full bang for your dollar, every time.
- Served in some of the finest restaurants in the United States: You can get the same lamb that is served in some of the finest dining establishments in the United States sent right to you, no hassle needed. Plus, you can get premium lamb recipes right on your computer from the Ranchline All Natural website. So there is no need to get dressed up, just step right to your kitchen.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 c. oil
- 1/4 c. wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Oregano to taste
- 4 lb. lamb, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
Combine all ingredients; add meat and let marinate 3-6 hours or overnight, if possible, turning several times. Skewer meat and barbecue until done.Â