Nothing is more “movie-esk” than a family style country dinner. We invited my cousin over and I spent my girls’ Sunday afternoon nap time in the kitchen. On the menu was steak with a blue cheese cream sauce, crash hot potatoes, pan fried spinach, and rustic apple tart. All courtesy of my Pioneer Woman Cookbook.
Crash Hot Potatoes. They look so neat with the mixed colors.
Rustic Apple Tart. My husband loves apple desserts. I drizzled this with a caramel glaze.
Kitchen prep. The blue cheese cream sauce for the steak and the pan fried spinach.
Ranchline All Natural steak – wonderfully tender and flavorful steaks. Ranchline’s beef is grass-fed on Montana’s open range and you can taste the difference. Plus, it’s much healthier than the meat at your local store.
I know that pan fried spinach doesn’t sound great, but really….I was surprised. I even had seconds.
Steak with Blue Cheese Cream Sauce
4 Ranchline rib-eye, sirloin, or filet steaks (about 5 oz each)
salt and pepper to taste
1 stick of butter softened (8 tablespoons, divided)
1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced *not diced*
1 cup heavy cream (don’t be scared….do not substitute milk)
4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Preheat your grill to high heat.
2. Season each steak with salt and pepper and slather with 1/2 stick of butter. Not 1/2 stick on each steak…..1/2 stick slathered over all 4 steaks.
3. Grill the steaks to medium rare. 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and keep warm. (you can also sauté them in a skillet over medium high heat)
4. Melt the remaining 1/2 stick of butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the onions until golden brown. Takes about 7-8 minutes.
5. Pour in the cream and add a dash of salt and pepper. Pour in the Worcestershire sauce and let the sauce bubble a bit.
6. Stir in the blue cheese and stir it together to melt. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
7. Place steaks on a plate and spoon sauce and onions over top.
8. Enjoy! Try to use your best manners and not slurp or drool while eating. It is THAT good.
For more delicious recipe ideas, visit Joyful Momma’s Kitchen